How To Prevent Car Lockout In The First Place
Going through a car lockout is never fun. It’s frustrating and stressful and most people try to avoid it like the plague. If you happen to get stuck facing your dangling keys in the ignition, don’t panic. Our Locksmith Altadena technicians are specially trained to handle these situations, and can help you back in your car quickly and correctly.
One of the most important things about a car lockout is that you want to make sure it doesn’t happen in the first place. In order to do that, we’ve listed 5 things you can do to increase your readiness if and when a lockout occurs.
Make spare keys
- It is always a good idea to make a set of 2 or 3 spare keys for your car. Because you never know when a lockout will happen or where you will be when it happens. Therefore, we recommend making one for your house, one to put under the seat of your car, and lastly, another one for your keychain.
Store a slim jim in your trunk
- If you know your way around a slim jim, keeping one in your trunk could be a lifesaver someday. Just be sure not to damage your car when you go fishing for the inner door handle.
Carry roadside assistance with you
- Getting 24/7 roadside assistance can be a smart move when you’re on the road a lot. However, these services don’t come cheap and require a good amount of income to maintain.
Get a transponder/ smart key
- Getting one of these babies will go a long way in ensuring that your key will never get stuck in the ignition again. There’s something special about being able to beep your car open, and the transponder key has perfectly captured this magic.
Keep a locksmith’s number handy
- If all else fails and you’re unable to open your vehicle, keep a good locksmith’s number handy in your phone. This way, you will always have an ace in the hole if you are stuck in a bad area overnight.
Locksmith Alhambra is Open 24/7
Speaking of locksmiths, Locksmith Alhambra is open from sunrise to sunset, and we never turn down a request for a car lockout. Therefore, if you ever find yourself in an unfortunate situation with a crying baby in the car for example, never fear because we’re here. Our locksmith in Alhambra is always on standby and we can send him to you in less than 20 minutes, guaranteed.